Crash victim 'lucky to be alive': Prince Philip has not said sorry

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip

The passenger who broke her wrist in the auto crash involving the Duke of Edinburgh says she wants Prince Philip to face prosecution if he is found to be at fault. "That's not an apology or even a well-wish." she added.

'I told him the baby was fine - but we thought the passenger had broken her arm, ' she said.

"I'm lucky to be alive and he hasn't even said sorry", Fairweather, a 46-year-old mother of two, told The Mirror. "Suitable words of advice have been given to the driver and this is in line with our standard response when being made aware of our receiving such images showing this type of offence".

"The Duke was not injured", Buckingham Palace said in a statement. In the photos, Philip is not wearing a seatbelt.

The woman was in a Kia vehicle being driven by a friend and that friend's nine-month-old baby on Thursday near the royal residence at Sandringham, when she says the Duke's 4x4 Land Rover Freelander pulled out of a side road and hit them.

It emerged on Sunday that Ms Fairweather had not been contacted by anyone from the palace following the crash, which happened on Thursday afternoon, despite officials saying the parties involved had exchanged "well-wishes" with Philip.

Prince Philip is back on the road after being involved in a crash which left the 97-year-old "shaken" but luckily uninjured.

Buckingham Palace has not yet responded to the latest photographs.

Serena Williams knocks out Simona Halep to reach Australian Open quarter-finals
She made two more Grand Slam finals a year ago only to lose the finals at Wimbledon and the U.S. I love playing tennis, I love this court and it's really cool to be back out here playing.

On Friday, the Palace said contact had been made "privately" with the people in the other vehicle "and well wishes exchanged". Philip went for hospital checks on Friday on his doctor's advice, but was said to have no injuries of concern.

Asked on ITV's This Morning if she believed Prince Philip should face prosecution if found to be liable, she replied: "Absolutely".

Just 48-hours after the road accident, Prince Philip was seen driving in a new Land Rover Freelander without a seatbelt.

He also underwent an eyesight test, which he passed.

He has largely retired from public life but still is occasionally seen at family occasions with the Queen.

Interviewed on ITV's This Morning programme, she said about Philip not buckling up: "It's highly insensitive and inconsiderate towards me and everybody involved".

A Norfolk Police spokesman said: "In any collision investigation our priority is to ensure medical welfare is addressed in the first instance before taking any statement".

She added that she hadn't heard from police or Prince Philip following the crash, explaining: "The support I was offered initially at the scene of the accident hasn't really been a reality for me..."

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.